- Only the students having technical and professional education or higher education shall be accepted to by correspondence courses with a specialization in non-technical areas.
- Orientation week and overview session are arranged for THE first-year students.
During orientation week:
- you will form individual educational plan (IEP) for the 1st training course;
- you will get acquainted with the university statute, internal regulations, guidelines for using the library, training and information acquisition technology;
- All necessary information about the timing of sessions and the organization of educational process is also available on the University’s website at www.etu.edu.kz.
- The main type of activities of the part-time student is a self-study of learning material.
Guided by the curriculum, work programs of subjects, methodological guidelines, textbooks and teaching materials, in accordance with the academic calendar (educational process schedule), students self-study learning material on all subjects registered in the individual educational plan of the student for the appropriate course.
- Twice a year, examination session lasting up to 4 weeks is organized for the part-time students.
- Dates of the sessions are set in the academic calendar approved by the decision of Academic Board of the University. Academic calendars are posted on the University’s website.
- Appearance in the session is required. In-class learning is conducted during the examination session according to the approved schedule. Control assessments of students (midterm examination 1 and 2) are held during in-class learning. Students who do not gain 50% of progress during midterm examination shall not be allowed for exams.
2015-2016 Training Activities Schedule:
Overview session – from August 31, 2015 to September 6, 2015;
Winter examination session – from January 11, 2016 to February 7, 2016 – At the end of the examination session of the 1st course all students are required to generate an individual training plan for the 2nd course. Upon successful completion of examinations session the students can get authorization note to next examination session;
Summer examination session – from April 18, 2016 to May 15, 2016.
- If a student cannot attend the examination session with good reason, he/she should inform of it Educational Programs Department in advance and submit supporting documents subsequently;
- To transfer to the next course, the student should gain the required GPA (see Handbook);
- Training fees must be paid no later than the dates specified in the contract. In the case of breach of contract terms and conditions on payment of training fees the student will be expelled;
- The University does not make personal calls to the session.
To learn more about the rules for arrangement of learning process see the ETU Student’s Handbook. Handbook is available on the University’s website.
We congratulate you on entering the university and wish success in your study!