- Distance educational technology is used only on the basis of technical and professional or higher education;
- Orientation week and overview session are arranged for the first-year students. During orientation week, in the Educational Programs Department and the Registrar Office:
- you will form individual educational plans (IEP) for the 1st training course;
- you will get acquainted with the university statute, internal regulations, guidelines for using the library, training and information acquisition technology;
- you should receive a password and username to enter the personal account of the educational portal;
- The main type of student’s work using distance educational technology is a self-study of learning material. Guided by work programs of subjects, methodological guidelines, textbooks and teaching materials, students self-study learning material on all subjects registered in the individual educational plan of the student for the appropriate course.
All learning activities are carried out through the network and case technology. Students have access to the educational portal, where electronic educational materials are placed in the personal accounts.
- Twice a year, examination session lasting up to 3 weeks is organized for DET students.
- Dates of the sessions are set in the academic calendar approved by the decision of Academic Board of the University. Academic calendars are posted on the University’s website.
- Appearance in the session is required. Student’s knowledge is assessed during the examination session according to the approved schedule. Control assessments of students (midterm examination 1 and 2) are held during the semester. Students who do not gain 50% of progress during midterm examination shall not be allowed for exams.
2015-2016 Events timeline:
- Orientation week and overview session – from August 24, 2015 to August 29, 2015;
- Winter examination session – from December 14, 2015 to January 3, 2016. At the end of the examination session of the 1st course all students are required to generate an individual training plan for the 2nd course.
- Summer examination session – from May 9, 2016 to May 29, 2016.
- If a student cannot attend the examination session with good reason, he/she should inform of it Educational Programs Department in advance and submit supporting documents subsequently;
- To transfer to the next course, the student needs to gain specified GPA (see Handbook);
- Training fees must be paid no later than the dates specified in the contract. In the case of breach of contract terms and conditions on payment of training fees the student will be expelled without warning;
- The University does not make personal calls to the session.
To learn more about the rules for arrangement of learning process see the ETU Student’s Handbook. Handbook is available on the University’s website.
We congratulate you on entering the university and wish success in your study!