“Vocational Training and General Education Disciplines”
The Department “Vocational Training and General Education Disciplines” (VTGED) was formed on September 1, 2016 as a result of the merger of two departments:
1. Department of Professional Training and Design
2. Department of History of Kazakhstan, Humanities and Social Studies.
The department of VTGED is a structural subdivision of the department of educational programs of the ETU. The chair is headed by Candidate of Technical Sciences, associate professor Eralieva Mira Zhanabergenovna.
The Department of Professional Training and Design was established in 1998. One of the first heads of the department was Ustemirov Kumisbek Ustemirovich, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, who contributed significantly to its formation and development. The main profile of the department and its scientific activities were attained under his leadership. In 2011-2014 years the department was headed by Arzanbayeva B.O., Ph.D., Associate Professor. In September 2014, Ph.D. Eralieva Mira Zhanabergenovna was appointed as the Head of the Department “Professional Training and Design».
The Department “Department of History of Kazakhstan, Humanities and Social Studies” was formed on the day of the foundation of the university. The name of the department initially was “General Education Disciplines” with Ph.D., Associate Professor Toyyshibaeva G.K as the head of the department in 2005-2010. In September 2010 the department was renamed to “Humanities and
Social Studies” and was headed by Candidate of Sociology, Associate Professor Klimova Т.V. In 2012-2013 academic year the department renamed to “Department of History of Kazakhstan, Humanities and Social Studies” with Candidate of Philology, Associate Professor Tebegenova AT.
As the head of the department. In 2014-2016 years the chair was headed by Rysbekova G.Е.
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
MISSION – of the department “Vocational Training and General Education Disciplines” is to achieve unity and consistency in the implementation of the ETU mission, improve the quality of training of competitive professionals in the field of vocational education and design, who have fundamental knowledge and innovative approaches in pedagogical and creative activity for industrial and innovative economy sectors of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
is to train highly qualified specialists who are able to adapt to the rapidly changing social and economic conditions of the Republic of Kazakhstan
• formation of students’ abilities for self-improvement and professional growth of a person with versatile humanitarian and natural science knowledge and interests;
• Forming students’ abilities to generalize, analyze, perceive information, set goals and choose ways to achieve it;
• formation of graduates’ readiness to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field studied, including elements of the most advanced knowledge in the field of education, design and computer modeling;
• formation of the graduates’ readiness to perform the necessary functions and types of professional activity of the primary school teacher, vocational education teacher, technology teacher, labor and entrepreneurship, designer, master of education, master of technical sciences and PhD.
PURPOSE – preparation of highly qualified competent specialists capable of quickly adapting to the rapidly changing social and economic conditions of the Republic of Kazakhstan
|5В012000||Vocational training||Bachelor of Education in specialty 5B012000-Vocational training.|
|5В010200||Pedagogy and methods of elementary education||Bachelor of Education in the specialty|
|5В042100||Design||Bachelor of Arts in specialty 5B042100- Design.|
|6М011100||Computer Science||Master of Education in Computer Science
|6М070300||Information Systems||Education area – Master of Engineering Science, specialty 6М070300 – Information Systems;
Profile area – Master of Engineering and Technology, specialty 6М070300-Information Systems.
|6М070500||Mathematical and Computer Modeling||on scientific and pedagogical area – Master of Technical Sciences, specialty 6М070500 -Mathematical and computer modeling;
– in the profile area – Master of Engineering and Technology, specialty 6М070500-Mathematical and Computer Modeling.
Head of the department: Yeralieva Mira Zhanabergenovna
Supervisor: Zhumatayeva Kuralay Muratovna
Phone: 383 31 39
Office: Tole bi, 109 cab.04