Science and Innovation
ETU library is a center to develop spiritual and intellectual communication, to provide the necessary
literature and information for students in the process of their study.
The library fund is universal in nature, it includes textbooks, teaching aids, educational methodological,
scientific literature, bibliographic, periodicals, as well electronic fund. The library has an innovative hall of
electronic resources that equipped with modern computers. Readers of the library have the opportunity to
use the services of the global Internet information network for free of charge and without restriction.
The Library’s users are granted online access to the electronic library with world-wide full-text databases:
Thomson Reuters, Springer Link, Web of Science, Elsevier, SPb-Electronic Library Publishing House Lan
and Polpred Media Review.
In order to expand the information space, the ETU Library actively cooperates with the largest libraries in
the Republic of Kazakhstan. Under the “Cooperation Agreements”, the Library’s readers are given the
opportunity to use information resources from the following libraries:
Kazakh National Agrarian University
Zhambyl State Youth Library
Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications named after M.Tynyshbayev
Republican Library for Blind and Visually Impaired Citizens
Republican Scientific and Technical Library
Library-bibliographic processes are automated using the KABIS information-library program.
Goals and Tasks
The main tasks of the Library are:
Providing faculty, researchers, undergraduates, students, staff with educational, scientific literature at technical, social and humanitarian disciplines, periodicals in Kazakh and in Russian in accordance with information requests and on the basis of free access to all the library collections
Generating the collection in accordance with the university profile and information of all categories of readers;
Developing the information culture, mastering skills how to use a book, and the library.
Implementing a broad program for preparing readers to work in a new technological regime.
1) Improving the library and reference-bibliographic and information services for users
2) Introducing modern information technologies
3) Generating and developing the collections;
4) Storage and preservation of the collections;
5) Regular research of readers’ demand
6) Strengthening the library material and technical base
Working hours of the ETU Library:
Monday – Friday: 8-30 am-5- 30 pm,
Saturday: 8-30 am-1- 30 pm,
Sunday – closed
Last Friday of each month – cleaning day
On cleaning days, readers are not served
Staff of the structural unit
|Кадирбердиева Индира Умарзаковна||
тел: 8-727-2925900 вн.129
Apply to join the Library
Readers may join the Library at the loan departments, according to the corresponding profile of the
faculty and on the basis of the order for admission.
A reader’s record card is registered and a single ticket is issued to readers that gives the right to use all
the services offered by the Library.
Academic staff, research staff, university staff, postgraduate students and other readers can join the
Library by presenting an identity card (or other identity document) and employment certificate.
Students wishing to get their access to the Library will also need to present documentation, as detailed
— photos 3 х 4 cm — 2 pcs.;
— copy of Identity Card;
— receipt for payment for a reader’s ticket.
Payment is made at the university’s cash departments. According to the Order “About Paid Services” the
cost of the reader’s ticket is KZT 200.
When joining the library, every reader should read the rules of using the Library and confirm their
understanding by signing the reader’s record card.
Third-party users and legal entities use the Library services on a fee or contract basis.
The reader’s ticket is valid throughout the entire period of study, subject to its annual renewal and the
absence of the reader’s debt to the library.
The readers’ tickets should be renewed annually, after the summer session. Readers, who do not renew
their tickets, will not be served in the next academic year.
Readers, who lost books, violated the rules or caused damage to the library, are brought to
administrative, material or other responsibility.
In case of damage or loss of a book, the reader should replace it with exactly the same publication or
equivalent. Otherwise, the reader should pays its market value.
Rules of using the library materials
The right to use the library materials is provided to taught students and university staff.
Books are issued based on the reader’s record card in the corresponding loan department.
Books shall be borrowed from the loan department for the following terms:
– textbooks and teaching methodical literature shall be borrowed for a period of one semester. If
necessary, the book loan period can be extended until the end of the academic year.
– scientific literature shall be borrowed for a period of up to 1 month and not more than 5 exemplar at the
– belles-letters shall be borrowed no more than in 3 exemplars for up to 15 days.
– program belles-letters shall be borrowed for one term.
The book loan period shall be extended if they are not in demand from other readers. If the demand is
high, such period shall be reduced.
At the end of the academic year, readers must return all the literature before August 1; otherwise the
borrowers shall pay a fine for the late return of books.
Rules of using the reference room
– The reference room shall lend out books upon the reader’s ticket.
– The number of books, other periodicals and other materials lent out in the reference room shall not be
limited. But in case of increased demand at one-time the number of books may be limited.
– It is forbidden to take any book out of the reference room.
– Encyclopedias, reference books, thesis works, rare and valuable books shall be used only in the
reference rooms. The last and only copies of the publications stocked shall be excluded from borrowing.
– Readers shall be entitled to:
– be serviced in Kazakh and Russian languages
– get information about publications from the collection
– borrow books from the library collection for temporary use
– obtain the reference services, search the necessary literature in an electronic way.
– review the exhibition of new receipts
Readers’ obligations and liabilities
The readers shall be obliged to:
– observe the rules of using the library.
– present a reader’s ticket to borrow books, and sign for each taken edition in the book card.
– take care of books, other printed publicity materials, other library materials and library property;
– when receiving books and other printed publicity materials, every reader should carefully check them for
defects, if any found, notify a librarian. Otherwise, the last reader who took the book shall be liable in case
of its return.
– return the received editions in a timely manner;
– not use mobile devices or set them to ‘silent’ mode in the Library, not talk loudly
– If a library book is lost or damaged, the reader shall be obliged to compensate for the damage caused
by bringing a similar book or its copy, or a publication recognized by the library as equivalent in amount of
“book for a book” or pay its market value;
– timely extend the use of books at the loan department and reference rooms.
– upon completion of studies, withdrawal ordismissal the readers must hand over all the books.