Military arts division
Order of the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Admission of students to the military arts department is carried out on a competitive basis. Full-time students, who are citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan (boys and girls) aged no older than 25 years for the year when they get involved in military training, may participate in the competition.
Acceptance of documents
Acceptance of documents by the military arts department begins on March 1 and ends on May 20 of the year of admission, and the results of medical examination – on May 31 of the year of admission including the year of the competition.
The following documents must be provided for admission:
• Identity card + copy;
• Military service registration certificate + copy;
• Certificate from the dean’s office with the indication of the year of admission, year of full-time study, specialty/major;
• Certificate of no criminal record from the PSC;
• Photo 3×4 – 2 pieces;
• Original and a copy of one of the documents (if any), confirming the fact that students left without care of both parents (orphans) or left without care of one parent, or documents confirming the appointment of legal guardianship;
• Orphans and children left without parental care must provide additionally the original and a copy of one of the below mentioned documents:
• 1. Certificate of death;
• 2. Decision of the court on deprivation of parental rights, limits on parental rights, deeming of parents to be missing, having limited or no legal capacity, and deceased;
• 3. Documents confirming the search for the parents, the removal of a child (children) from the parents, the parents undergoing long-term treatment in health care organizations, certificate on leaving of a child (children).
Passage of medical examination by students is carried out in the year of the competition in the period from March 1 to May 31 inclusive.
The competition for admission of students is carried out in three stages:
1) Stage I – passage of medical examination in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) Stage II – passage of professional and psychological testing;
3) Stage III – test of physical preparedness according to the regulations determined in accordance with
the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
* Each competition stage is permitted to pass only once. An intending student not passed the previous
stage is not allowed to the next stage.
Documents required for medical examination
1. Dermatovenerologic Dispensary, Manas St., corner of M.Oztyurk St., opposite the children’s hospital
2. Narcological Dispensary, 10, Makatayev St. (behind the Green Market, closer to the Gorkiy Park)
3. Psychiatric Dispenser- 117, Kablukov St.
4. Tuberculosis Dispensary -at the place of residence (Luganskiy Street, behind the Kazakhstan Hotel)
5. Chest X-ray from the district clinic or the student’s clinic (valid for a year)
6. Extract from an outpatient card (from the students’ polyclinic or from a place of residence)
7. Test results (general blood test, urine analysis, micro-reaction, ECG, such test results are valid for 10 days)
8. Letter of recommendation signed by the Dean
9. Military service registration certificate (original)
Training for no charge
Training for no charge at the Military Arts Department is offered to students included in the academic ranking from the first number to the number corresponding to the number of grants provided according to the admission plan.
The University President in agreement with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and in accordance with the admission may provide training at military departments to students from another institutions of higher education, regardless of the forms of ownership and subordination, licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan to conduct educational activities, but not having military departments.
Military training ends with training session in the military unit. The military rank “reserve lieutenant” is assigned after granting the diploma about the graduation from the university.
Fee for training at the Military Arts Department
Approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2018 in the amount of:
KZT 102 000 per one term of study
KZT 204 000 for one year of study
Deadline for medical examination
from March 1 to March 31, 2018.
For admissions questions, please contact by telephone